Gauteng has 21 District Teacher Development Centres (DTDCs) 16 of which are supported by Vodacom. On this page you'll find an overview of these centres as well as news and resources posted by the centres.
Below please find the list of the teacher centres in Gauteng. The centres supported by Vodacom are listed in red.
- Alberton Teacher Development Centre, Ekurhuleni South
- Boipelo TDSC, Johannesburg North
- Bronkhorspruit Teacher Centre, Gauteng North
- Dalpark Teacher Development Centre, Gauteng East
- Ekurhuleni North Teacher Development Centre, Ekurhuleni North
- Johannesburg Central TDC, Johannesburg Central
- Johannesburg East, Johannesburg East
- Johannesburg TDC, Johannesburg South
- Johannesburg West EDSC, Johannesburg West
- Kopanong Teacher Development Centre, Sedibeng East
- Lemoshanang Teacher Development Centre, Tshwane South
- Mamelodi Teacher Development Centre, Tshwane South
- Matsepa Teacher Development Centre, Tshwane West
- Orlando Pirates Learning Centre, Johannesburg South
- Sedibeng East, Sedibeng East
- Sedibeng West Teacher Development Centre, Sedibeng West
- Simunye EDSC, Gauteng West
- Soshanguve Teacher Development Centre, Tshwane North
- Sunnyside Teacher Development Centre, Tshwane South
- Temba Teacher Resource Centre, Tshwane North
- Thuto-Thebe Teacher Centre, Tshwane West
Please click on the teacher centre for more information about training programmes and contact details.
- Teacher Development : Head office, Districts
- E-Learning : Head office, Districts,
- Provincial Training institutes: Sci Bono and Matthew Goniwe School of Leadership and Governance (MGSL)
Roles and responsibilities
- Strategize and design a roadmap - delivery of the Provincial ICT Projects
- Provide Guidance to PIT (Provincial Implementation Team)
- Provide Guidance District ICT committee – with establishment and functionalities
- Ensure ICT implemented at school level
- Plays an overseeing role on all the provincial ICT projects (ICT Ambassadors, Champions)
- Monitoring and evaluation the projects from the districts and Provincial offices.
- Decentralisation of monitoring to the district ICT committees. (Collate reports from the district offices)
- The District Committees report to the ICT NCTT.
- Manage data of who has been capacitated, and who still needs to be developed.
Projects implemented and monitored in 2015
Interactive Boards - Smartboard roll-out
- Subject advisors (Curriculum support, E-learning and LTSM) were trained and supplied with laptops across the province.
- Grade 12 teachers for all the 365 no Fee schools across the province were trained on SMART beginners module.
- Summary of Gauteng Province Smartboard Roll-out
Ensured the delivery of:
- Cyber School installed in the Smart Boards
- Mi -e-Books
- Mindset Material (SSIP -)
- Past question papers
- Mind the Gap
- Digital Revision for Gateway Subjects
- Microsoft Training for teachers (Basic, Intermediate and Advance)
- ETDP SETA- End User Qualification Training for Teachers