North West has 26 District Teacher Development Centres (DTDCs) nine of which are supported by Vodacom. On this page you'll find an overview of these centres as well as news and resources posted by the centres.
Below please find the list of the teacher centres in North West. The centres supported by Vodacom are listed in red.
- Atamelang EDSC
- Batlhalerwa EDSC, Bojanala
- Ganyesa ICT Resource Centre, Dr Ruth Mompati
- Ikgomotseng EDSC
- Kediemetse EDSC
- Lentheng EDSC
- Madibogo EDSC
- Madikwe EDSC
- Mmakau EDSC
- Mogwase EDSC, Bojanala
- Mokatsane EDSC, Dr Kenneth Kaunda
- Motlhamare EDSC
- Old Mphebana EDSC
- Pule Leeuw EDC, Dr Ruth Mompati
- Reaname EDSC
- Taung EDSC
- Tigane EDSC
- Tlhabane EDSC (Rediemetse)
- Tlhatlhelelo EDSC
- Tubane EDSC, Bojanala
- Vuselela EDSC
Please click on the teacher centre for more information about training programmes and contact details.
Role and function:
- Identify ICT training needs amongst teachers in various schools.
- Work in collaboration with Centre Managers (EDSC-Managers) to roll-out ICT training.
- Monitor and support integration of ICT into teaching and learning
- Coaching sessions
- Identify ICT infrastructure needs amongst schools for future computerisation.
- Distribute subject specific e-Content to schools.
- Conduct eLearning & ICT integration advocacies and showcases.
- Advocate for NTA-ICT enhanced Teaching and Learning entrance.